Rectangle

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Three countries

Three men, a Newfoundlander, a Quebecer and an Albertan were walking along
a country road one day when they came across an old lamp beside the road.
One of them picked it up and rubbed it. Sure enough, out pops a Genie.
The Genie said, "I will grant you three wishes. Since there are three of
you, each of you will get one wish."

The Newfoundlander thought for a moment and then responded, "I'm a
fisherman. My father was a fisherman. And, my grandfather and
great-grandfather before him were fishermen. My son will be a fisherman. I
wish for the oceans to be filled with fish."

The Genie granted the Newfoundlander his wish. Poof! The oceans were
instantly filled with fish.

The Quebecer said, "I wish for a big wall all around Quebec."

Poof! The Genie granted the Quebecer his wish and a huge wall was erected
around the perimeter of Quebec.

The Albertan thought for some time before responding. Finally, he asked,
"Tell me, Genie, how big is this wall around Quebec?"

"The wall is 150 feet high and 50 feet thick," replied the Genie.
"And, nothing can get in or out of the wall."

"Okay, then," replied the Albertan, "fill it up with water!"

No comments: